Sagrada Familia Location & How to Get There
Sagrada Familia is located in the city centre of Barcelona and is Spain’s most popular attraction. This UNESCO World Heritage Site has an annual footfall of approximately 5 million visitors and is an unmissable structure if you are visiting Barcelona. Read more to find out the different transport options and detailed information on the location that can help you plan your visit to Sagrada Familia.
Where is Sagrada Familia?
Address: C/ de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
Located in the heart of Spain’s cosmopolitan capital, Barcelona, Sagrada Familia is the biggest unfinished Roman Catholic church in the world. Its construction started in 1882 and is expected to be completed in 2026. It is undoubtedly the most visited and the most famous attraction in Barcelona.
Closest landmark - Casa Milà (1.5 km)Best Time to Visit Sagrada Familia
Getting to Sagrada Familia by Public Transportation
Travel time - 12 minutes
Closest station - Sagrada Familia Station
Take L2 (purple line) that starts from Paral Lel and get down at Sagrada Familia Station.
Another option is the L5 (blue line) from Barcelona-Sants directly to Sagrada Familia.
Travel time - 20 to 30 minutes
Closest stop - Sagrada Familia Bus Stop
Take bus lines 19, 33, 34, D50, H10 or B24 that serve the basilica. The fastest is the bus D50 departing from Ronda Sant Pau - Folch I Torres. Bus H10 departing from Pg Sant Antoni - Pl Sants takes you very close to Sagrada Familia.
Timings for H10 are 5:00 am to 10:00 pm from Monday to Saturday with a 9-minute frequency ad 8:00 am to 10:00 pm on Sundays with a 15-minute frequency.
Getting To Sagrada Familia By Car
Travel time - 10 minutes
From Plaça de Catalunya - Sagrada Familia is short 10 minute drive from the largest city square, Plaça de Catalunya. Head north towards Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes. Turn right onto Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes and then a left onto C/ de Roger de Llúria. The next right is onto Carrer del Rosselló and continue straight until Carrer de Sardenya and take a right to reach your destination.
From Park Güell - Sagrada Familia is just 7 minutes away at a distance of 2,3km. Head southeast on Ctra. del Carmel and onto Ana Mª Matute Ausejo. Continue towards Pl. de Sanllehy and take a right onto Av. de la Mare de Déu de Montserrat. Take the first left onto Carrer de Sardenya and continue straight until you reach Sagrada Familia.
Parking Facilities Near Sagrada Familia
If you are planning on driving down to Sagrada Familia, there are a number of parking facilities available near the basilica. The closest ones are listed below.
- Bond Krup - Sagrada Família, Carrer de Mallorca, 423. (240 m)
- Parking Sagrada Família, Carrer de Lepant, 325, 08025 Barcelona, Spain (450 m)
- Parking Aparthotel Marina, Carrer de la Marina, 306 (260 m)
- Parking B:SM Mercat Sagrada Família C. de Mallorca, 425, 433 Barcelona (250 m)
- Onepark - Parking Barcelona - Sagrada Familia, Público SAGRADA FAMILIA (Cubierto, Plaça Sagrada Família, 9, 08025 Barcelona, Spain (170 m)
- Rius - Sagrada Familia, C/ de València, 480, 08013 Barcelona, Spain (350 m)
Walk to Sagrada Familia
Travel time - 34 minutes
Distance - 2.6 km from Plaça de Catalunya
If you are in the mood to explore Barcelona and Gaudi’s stunning architecture on foot, then this is the option for you.
- You can start from Plaça de Catalunya and walk along Passeig de Gracia.
- On turning left and crossing Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes, you will pass Casa Batllo and Casa Mila which are reflections of late 19th and early 20th-century development in Barcelona. This was during the Modernist Movement that also inspired artists like Joan Miro and Pablo Picasso.
- Turn right onto C/ de Provença and continue straight until the destination arrives on your right.
Which Is the Best Way To Get to Sagrada Familia?
- Budget-friendly: Barcelona’s efficient bus and metro system are the most economical way to reach Sagrada Familia. The bus stop and metro station are right in front of the destination.
- The fastest option: Driving down by car is the fastest way to reach Sagrada Familia. It is only a 10-minute drive from Plaça de Catalunya as well as Park Güell. Although, you will have to splurge on paid parking facilities near Sagrada Familia.
- Sight-seeing option: If you are not in a hurry, then walking from Plaça de Catalunya to Sagrada Familia is the best way to explore the city and foot and admire Gaudi’s architecture in the city.
Book Sagrada Familia Tickets and Tours
Frequently Asked Questions About Getting to Sagrada Familia
A. Sagrada Familia is located in Barcelona. The address is C/ de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona, Spain.
A. You can take the metro or the bus to Sagrada Familia. You can also drive down or walk to the basilica.
A. The easiest and quickest way to reach Sagrada Familia would be to take the Metro. L2 or L5 of the Metro will take you to Sagrada Familia Station, which is located right outside the basilica.
A. Sagrada Familia Bus Stop which is located right in front of your destination is the closest bus stop to the basilica.
A. Sagrada Familia Station is located right in front of the basilica and is the closest metro station.
A. No, Sagrada Familia does not have parking facilities but you can find many paid parking facilities at walking distance from the basilica.
A. Yes, there are many paid parking facilities as close as 170 meters away from Sagrada Familia.